10 Amazing Hot Coco recipes
Isn’t hot chocolate perfect? Sometimes a cup of hot coco can really save the day. Well, a cup of hot coco can save any day, any time. That’s how perfect it is. Do you remember the first time you drank it? Do you remember how happy you were because you discovered something you will be able to drink every time you need a sweet kick of sugar rush. But you might have thought there is only one way to drink it. You were so wrong. There are many ways to drink this heavenly potion made by chocolate fairies (of course that’s how it’s made), and we are going to share with you the top 10 recipes!
1. We begin with the incredible frozen white chocolate hot chocolate! Yep, you read it well. For this coco magic, you will need to place about 6 half-ounce pieces of high quality white chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Heat for one minute, and stir it through the process of heating. When melted, add 1 envelope store bought hot chocolate mix and 1 tbsp of sugar. Stir constantly until it’s completely blended. Slowly add 1/2 cup of the milk after you remove it from the heat until smooth. Cool at room temperature and- enjoy.
2. Chocolate cups are so great, you guys. If you feel like experimenting, melt 4 ounces of chocolate to make 3 cups. Then, allow chocolate to become slightly lukewarm before you dip a small balloon into it (buy party balloons, fill it with air so you reach the size of the cup you want). Dip the balloons as much as you wish, and place them on some paper. Leave it for 10 minutes and add whatever you like into your chocolate cups!
3. Coconut hot chocolate will leave you speechless if you’re a fan of coconut. You need to bring 3 cups of milk, 1 cup of heavy cream and 1 and 1/2 tsp of coconut extract to a boil in a medium saucepan. Keep it over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and stir in 6 ounces of chopped, white chocolate. Whisk it until smooth and pour into your favorite mugs. Garnish a bit white some white topping and shredded coconut.
4. For making some S’mores hot chocolate, you need to place melted butter (2 tbsp) in a shallow dish, about the same size as your mug. Place 2 crushed graham crackers in another dish of the same size. Then, flip your mugs upside-down and be sure you dip the rim first in melted butter, and then in the crackers. Break 2,4 oz of Hershey’s chocolate bars into pieces and place one half bar in each mug. Heat 4 cups of whole milk to simmer and pour one cup into each mug over the chocolate. Finally, top each with with 3-4 toasted marshmallows.
5. Hot chocolate on a stick? Why not? All you need to do is to heat 1 can of sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 of heavy cream together in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk it slowly as it heats, and when it begins to steam, not boil, remove pan from the heat and add 3 cups of semisweet chocolate chips and 3/4 cup of unsweetened chopped chocolate. Allow chocolate do melt slowly, return the pan to low heat and whisk until the mixture is thick. Leave the mixture overnight, cut the bars as you wish and put them on a stick!
6. Hot chocolate spoons are a creative way to show your love for hot chocolate. All you need are some wooden spoons, candies, marshmallows and a few different chocolates. Firstly, you melt the chocolate in your microwave or on a stove top. Then, dip the end of your spoons in the chocolate and top it with whatever you like. You can add some candies, marshmallows or even better- give your kids to arrange them as they wish.
7. Nutella hot chocolate is something you HAVE to try if you call yourself a hot coco lover. It’s easy to make, too! You need to whisk 1 cup of milk, 1 and 1/2 tbsp of Nutella, 1 tbsp of cocoa and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan, over medium heat, until it’s well blended and hot. Then, pour in a cup and top it with some homemade whipped cream and shaved chocolate. A real winter treat.
8. Prepare yourself for some hot chocolate chai tea! Firstly, combine 3 tsp of Russian Caravan tea leaves, 1 large cinnamon stick, 2 whole pods of star anise and enough hot water to brew a tea in a teapot. Brew it for 5 minutes and then set aside. Then, use a milk pan to heat 1 and 1/2 cups of milk and 2 and 1/2 tbsp hot chocolate powder on medium. Simmer and stir gently for about 5 minutes. Pour in large mug, dust with chocolate powder and serve.
9. Winter is perfect for whiteout hot coco! To make it, place 6 cups of skim milk, 2 cups of fat-free half and half, 1 tbsp of vanilla and 12 oz package of vanilla chocolate chips over medium heat. Stir the mixture occasionally until chocolate chips begin to melt. Then, divide the mix between mugs and top it with whipped cream and sprinkles. It is ready to be served and eaten immediately! You can reheat it as many times as you wish.
10. Want to make something wild? Try red velvet hot coco! You need to combine 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and 1/4 cup of sugar in a stand mixer. Whip it on medium speed for about 2 to 3 minutes. Before it peaks form,add 2-4 tbsp of whipped cream cheese and whip it for another 2 minutes. Heat 4 cups of whole milk in a medium saucepan and add a splash of water together with 3/4 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir gently, When it is almost melted, add 1 tsp of red food coloring and stir again. When everything is melted, pour the mixture into mugs and top with some whipped cream.