15 Best Diet Reviews
What kind of diet are you? Are you “Grapefruit diet” or are you “3 days diet”? We’ve all tried some kind of diet at some point of our lives. The truth is, internet is full with all kinds of diets, from radical ones to those that allow you to eat you favorite foods. But how do you know if a diet plan is good? You can lose fat and still feel bad about your looks. It all depends on the amount of fat you are losing and the way you are losing it. There is also the risk of unhealthy diets, that may have good results but they are detrimental to your health. We have reviewed some of the most popular diets and here are the results!
1. The 3-Hour Diet is very popular among women. Basically, it allows you to eat small portions every three hours throughout the day. The main idea here is to keep your metabolism constantly running at a high rate. This way you are burning fat and you are not hungry. We say this is a good way to lose weight, but you need to add some physical exercise in order to shape up. Also, don’t eat only candy just because this diet allows you to.
2. The Atkins Diet is all about eating lean protein and avoiding carbohydrates. This is great because by intaking carbohydrates such as flour and sugar, we are really gaining pounds. Also, the Atkins Diet includes reduced glycemic load in order to keep blood sugar levels in a healthy range, so it is generally good to our health. However, don’t exaggerate with consuming fat such as burgers, eggs and cheese, because this way this diet will have no purpose.
3. The Best Life Diet is a bit more than just a diet. It is more of a way to live a healthier life. The Best Life Diet changes the way you live, eat and exercise and its goal is actually to make you realize why you overeat when you do. It is not radical at all, and it was designed to help you discover yourself better. However, if you are searching for the quickest results, this diet might not be the best solution for you.
4. Blood Type Diet is based on advising people to eat foods depending on their blood type. If you are blood type A, you shouldn’t be eating the same food or exercising the same way as someone who is blood type AB does. According to Blood Type Diet, each blood type digests food proteins differently, and by eating wrong food, you are gaining weight. People are mostly satisfied with this diet because it is not invasive.
5. Cabbage Soup Diet really works. This is one of the quickest ways to lose a few extra pounds and look great on that occasion you bought that beautiful dress for. However, it is not very good if you don’t like radical diets. Cabbage Soup Diet includes eating only cabbages soup for 7 days, and you can add some fruits and raw or cooked vegetables. Again, it is a great way to lose pounds quickly, but you may not like your menu.
6. The Caveman Diet is a typical new age diet. It doesn’t only focus on weight loss, but also on your lifestyle. The Caveman Diet brings foods from the Paleolithic era to your menu. That means that you are not allowed to eat salt, sugar or any kind of processed foods, which is good for you general health. However, it also includes daily fasting, and if you work from 9 to 5, this kind of diet can be too harsh for you.
7. The Fat Flush Diet focuses on detox, which can’t be bad. Basically, with this diet you are restricting yourself from different types of foods and you are keeping your diet plan low on calories. By combining healthy foods and including a specific eating schedule, you are increasing your metabolism rate and cleaning your liver (which is believed to be a “fat-burning furnace”). However, it takes a lot of discipline to go on with this diet, so have that in mind before you begin with it.
8. Besides having the longest name for a diet, French Women Don’t Get Fat Diet is pretty smart because it is based on a theory that French women don’t skip meals or count calories. The key is in balanced portions of high quality foods. By developing a moderate relationship with your food, you are actually shedding extra pounds. However, if you don’t have time or money to deal with food in a special way, this might not be the ideal diet for you.
9. The glycemic index (GI) Diet classifies foods based on how quickly they raise blood sugar levels. This scientific food ranking shows that foods with high GI index trigger a rise in blood sugar and release insulin, which then triggers fat storage and intense hunger. Many people are satisfied with this diet because they don’t eat processed foods and sugar so much. On the other hand, GI levels vary from person to person, so you have to try this diet out first to see if it fits you.
10. The Grapefruit Diet is based on eating low calorie foods and consuming grapefruit or grapefruit juice at every meal. You can prepare your food with spices, dressings or on butter. Also, it is considered bad to eat extremely hot or cold foods, according to this diet. The Grapefruit Diet has a goal to shed extra pounds quickly but people are wondering if they would have the same results by only eating low calorie foods without grapefruit.
11. The Hormone Diet is based on preventing hormone fluctuations, which can negatively effect your weight. Being on this diet means you are syncing your hormones with diet, nutritional supplements, exercising and detoxification. You are not allowed to eat processed foods, dairy products and even some fruits and vegetables are forbidden as well. This may be a bit harsh for some people, so think good before you start this diet.
12. Jenny Craig is one of the most popular diets. It is actually a personalized weight loss program which focuses on body, mind and food. The biggest difference between this and other diets are prepackaged meals, which are usually frozen. This way you get used to preparing your own healthy meals, and you stay off fast food. However, if you decide to buy Jenny Craig prepackaged meals instead of making your own, it can be a bit costly.
13. Macrobiotic Diet is more of a life change than a classic diet. It is a combination of Buddhism and Western practices which achieves physical and mental harmony. Macrobiotic means long life, and by eating mainly vegetarian dishes, including some fish and seafood, you are achieving a certain yin-yang balance in your life. However, if you want to lose weight drastically, you need to exercise as well.
14. The Master Cleanse Diet is another detox diet that includes a lot of liquids and very few calories. According to the “rules” of this diet, by detoxifying your body you are encouraging weight loss. You have to follow it strictly during three to ten days and it is broken into three phases: Ease-In, The Lemonade Diet and Ease Out. Again, the only downside of this diet is that working out is not mentioned, and it should be if you are serious about losing weight.
15. The Mediterranean Diet is another diet that embraces a healthy lifestyle, rather than just losing weight. It is based on eating simple and fresh foods, as well as exercising regularly. According to many studies, poor coastal regions of Southern Italy, Greece and Crete have the best eating and living habits. By eating vegetables and legumes, fresh fruit and olive oil, you are losing weight in a healthy way.