15 Best Swimsuits By Body Type
Have you ever thought that your body type is just too complicated for “ordinary” swimsuits? It seems like so many women have difficulties in finding the perfect swimsuit, so we decided to put an end to that frustration once and for all. You may be surprised, but it’s actually all about concentrating on the right rows in the store. In other words, you should not look for and try out swimsuits that suit women with pear shaped bodies when your body is actually athletic. We present you a system that works perfectly, and it consists of swimsuits by 6 body types.
1. Let’s start with the Pear Shape. If you have this body type, you are a very lucky girl, because you can wear the same bikinis as Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and Jennifer Love Hewitt! The swimsuit you can see here is Mara Hoffman Rainbow Bird Black Racerback Bikini consisted of a beautiful top ($128) and bottom ($112). As you can see, the eye-catching neckline and top draw the most attention, while the oh-so-problematic bottom remains minimized.
2. Another great swimsuit combination for the pear shaped body type consists of Victoria’s Secret Closeup Halter (about $40) and Forever Sexy Skirted Bottom ($37). The key to finding the perfect bikini for a pear shaped type is to balance your proportions but it is also important to cover your bottom half in the best possible way. A clean-skirted bottom that falls below the largest part of your upper legs like here is thus a fantastic solution.
3. Our last suggestion for all the ladies with the pear shaped body type is a fun combination consisted of L*Space Fringe Halter Top ($73) and Monique Bottom ($68)! If you have this body type, you should avoid bikinis with a boy short or thick-banded bottom. The reason for this is that all that fabric will only draw attention to the bottom half you are trying to mask. So stick to the more interesting halter tops and do some extra coverage for your bottom.
4. The second body type on our list is the so called Large Bust. Large Bust is usually described as the body type with ample cleavage, and it usually needs more top support. We have great news though, if you have large bust as well, you can wear the same swimsuits as Katy Perry and Sofia Vergara! The one-piece here is Jets by Jessika Allen Cross-Font Cutout One-Piece Swimsuit ($199). The thick straps will give you optimal top support.
5. Wow, we can already imagine Katy Perry in a bikini like this. As we already mentioned, large bust means that you are chesty and that you need more support. That being said, you should choose swimsuits with underwire or molded cups, because they can give you the best support. Also, try to avoid embellishments or ruffles up top if you want to draw less attention to your chest. The second bikini for large bust on this list is Kate Spade “Georgica” Bralette Bikini Top and Bottom (about $180 all together).
6. When it comes to perfect swimsuits for fuller bust, this one is our favorite. This is Asos Fuller Bust Watercolour Contrast Longline Bikini Top DD-G ($34) and Asos Watercolour Contrast High Waist Bikini Bottom ($34). Even though you should concentrate more on the top, this bikini has a perfect bottom solution as well because it draws a lot of attention with its high waist. Needless to say, these thick straps are giving you optimal support for your top.
7. But in case you have Small Bust, this is a perfect bikini for you! Unlike large bust, small bust requires less support, which means that you can experiment more with your top! This bikini is Lisa Marie Fernandez Poppy High-Wasted Bikini and it would suit perfectly celebrities with smaller top (A or B cup), like Kate Hudson for example! With swimsuits like this, you can look for minimal coverage that include bows, patters and other ways to create the illusion of larger chest.
8. Small bust is perfect for one-pieces as well! This fantastic swimsuit is Victoria’s Secret Beach Cutout One-Piece ($53). These fun and colorful parts on on this one-piece actually makes people look less at your chest. And if you don’t like one-pieces, you can always go for triangle tops that create the illusion of curves. The best thing about small bust is that you can experiment with tops with bold prints and embellishments with ruffles!
9. Athletic body type is described as more straight-up-and-down. This means that you have fewer curves and that you can wear the same swimsuits as Cameron Diaz, Jessica Biel and Jennifer Aniston. Yay! The first swimsuit for athletic body types is Kiini Tuesday Crochet-Trim Bikini ($327). Your mission is therefore to wear smaller tops and bottoms in order to create the illusion of a curvier body. Bold prints, ruffles and embellishments are very welcome!
10. Athletic body type needs less coverage. Victoria’s Secret Forever Sexy Ring Halter (about $49) and Victoria’s Secret Forever Sexy Ring High-Waist Bottom (about $51) is just perfect for all of you with athletic body type! The best thing about this body type is that you can play with all kinds of styles on tops and bottoms. Also, monokinis suit athletic body type as they create fantastic curves with strategically placed cutouts.
11. Next body type on this list is about Tummy Concealing. Tummy Concealing actually means that you are shaped more like an apple, and the most of your weight is in your middle. There are different one-piece and two-piece swimsuits, depending on whether you prefer to cover up or not. This is Topshop Tonal Poppy and Check Contrast Print Bikini Set ($65). Generally, high-wasted or tankini styles help you cover your middle.
12. Speaking of tankinis, these tank top and bottom bikinis perfectly cover the middle part of your body! This is Jessica Simpson Ship Shape Tankini ($79) and Bottom ($58). If you want to cover your tummy, you should definitely try on retro-inspired swimsuits. They are interesting and they usually have high waste, which is crucial for the covering your middle. Have in mind that shirring works like a charm- gathered fabric actually hides everything you don’t like around your waist.
13.And finally, if you are a curvy girl, these are the best swimsuits for your body type! Curvy body type includes full bust, hips, thighs and a magnificent butt like Kim Kardashian, Scarlet Johansson and Christina Hendricks. Lucky girl! Your body type therefore requires highlighting those curves and providing them enough support. This swimsuit is Free People ColorBlock High Waist Bikini Bottom ($88). The colorblocking actually helps your curves look even better.
14. Another great bikini solution for curvy body type is Marc by Marc Jacobs Mini Blurred Gingham Lucy Underwire Bikini Top ($128) and Bottom ($88). So if you are not looking for a way to exaggerate your curves, you can stick to two-pieces and thinner strings rather than monikinis and string bikinis with thicker ties. Retro suits like this one will help you highlight your shape, without accentuating your widest areas.
15. And finally, the last swimsuit on this list that perfectly suits curvy body type is actually a monokini! This Modbe High Tide Style One Piece ($60) is for all the women who want to highlight their widest areas. So if you are proud of your curves and you want everyone to know it, this is the monokini for you! You should also try asymmetrical suits that draw attention toward the neckline and they highlight that beautiful zone from the neck to the collarbone.