15 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Were Grandparents
They say that grandparents are usually more understanding when it comes to their grandchildren. Your parents will probably tell you the stories when your grandparents were strict with them, and you will be shocked because your grandparents did everything in their power to spoil you! But we guess that’s normal, right? Now, imagine celebrity families where grandma or grandpa (or both!) are celebrities, and every time they do something for you, it’s all over the news! Also, there are some celebrities you didn’t even know were grandparents, and we bet you will be shocked once you find out who they are!
1. Nicolas Cage became a grandpa in July, 2014! His 23-year-old son Weston Cage and his wife Danielle Cage became proud parents of a “happy, healthy little boy.” Nicolas’ grandson is called Lucian Augustus Coppola Cage, and in case you don’t know, the name Lucian is of Latin origin and it means “light.” It also sounds very powerful! Weston, Nicolas’ son, is a heavy metal musician, and naturally, he and his wife were thrilled when they became parents. We are sure that Nicolas was thrilled as well.
2. Tony Danza is the legendary Hollywood actor. He is also a Brooklyn native who actually first won over the TV audience during the late 1970’s and early 1980’s as Tony Banta on the hit TV show “Taxi.” Tony has four kids and two marriages but, he admitted that he felt very special when he became a grandpa. Tony became a grandfather in 2005, when he was in his mid-50s. The famous actor also shared his feelings in an interview: “I want to be the guy who takes my grandson fishing and the guy he wants to go fishing with.”
3. Believe it or not, Ozzy Osbourne is a grandpa six times! In 2015, the metal legend became a grandfather for the sixth time when his son Jack Osbourne and his wife Lisa became proud parents of their second child. The couple already has a 3-year-old daughter called Pearl Clementine, and allegedly, she LOVES to spend time with her grandpa Ozzy. Everyone says that Ozzy is a big softie when it comes to his grandchildren- he was even caught doing arts and crafts with Pearl and she had already dressed him up for Halloween. So cute.
4. Whoopi Goldberg is a grandmother, but this cute baby she is holding here is not her grandchild. Oh, no, this is actually her great grandchild! That’s right, Whoopi has been a grandparent for over twenty years. The all-star entertainer had her daughter Alexandrea when she was 18 years old, and Alexandrea became a mom when she was 16 years old. No problem, we’ll do the math for you- Whoopi has been a grandmother since she was 34 years old, which makes her a pretty young great grandmother too.
5. In 2015, Pierce Brosnan became a grandfather for the third time! Congrats! Grandpa Bond welcomed his third grandchild in a very modern way: he posted a photo of his son and his baby granddaughter, named Marley May Cassandra, and captioned it properly too: “My darling Sean With his baby girl Marley May Cassandra what utter joy to be her grandpa…beautiful life.” How touching! The baby was named Cassandra after Pirece’s late wife who passed away in 1991 from ovarian cancer.
6. Jim Carrey became a grandpa back in 2010, when his daughter Jane welcomed a baby boy! The famous comedian embraced the role of grandfather and shared his feeling in an interview: “I love being granddaddy, granddaddy Jim. I just get a lot of joy, a lot of joy from that little boy.” Can you imagine the Carrey family reunions? It must be really interesting to watch Jim Carrey speak in rhymes with his grandson! Unfortunately, Jim’s daughter Jane divorced after 9 years of marriage afterwards, but hey, that’s life, right?
7. Martha Stewart, the 73-year-old lifestyle guru, loves to spend time with her grandchildren. Martha’s daughter, Alexis, has two kids- Jude and Truman, and they even visited their grandma on the set of one of her cooking programs! Martha took this photo with her lovely grandkids and wrote: “Jude and Truman came to visit yesterday on the TV set. Jude was dragging a suitcase, told us she was going to Africa.” How cute is that? Ms Stewart is very close with her daughter who currently lives in New York.
8. Kiefer Sutherland is another legendary actor who is a grandfather and you may have not known that! Actually, Kiefer has been a proud grandpa since 2005, when he embraced his new and favorite life role. Kiefer is also famous for his roles in action movies and TV shows, such as “24” where he played famous Jack Bauer. However, it seems that being a grandpa is definitely his favorite role so far: “His name is Hamish Adam Kiefer Sinclair, he’s four-and-a-half and he’s a train wreck. He already looks like a failed boxer. He falls down a lot and he gets cut up and he’s just beautiful.”
9. Sir Mick Jagger has been a grandfather since 1992, but he also became a great grandfather in 2014! Mick really has a beautiful family. In 2014, Mick actually became a grandfather for the fourth time and a great grandfather for the first time; the babies born within four weeks eased the legendary singer’s pain after his lover, L’Wren Scott committed suicide. It must be really great having Mick Jagger for a grandpa, since he always knows what lullaby to sing! Many people, including his kids, say that Mick is a great grandpa.
10. It may sound terrifying, but Charlie Sheen became a grandfather in 2013, when his daughter Cassandra Estevez gave birth to his very first grandchild. Charlie announced the good news on Twitter, saying: “Hey Luna, welcome to my planet!” We know, the thought of Charlie influencing someone young and inexperienced is frightening, but maybe the famous actor is good grandparent! Anyway, he is definitely going to be a very unconventional grandfather, that’s for sure.
11. Can you imagine your grandma performing with Beyonce? No, we guess we can’t imagine that. However, Tina Turner’s grandkids can imagine and watch their grandma perform with Bey and many other superstars whenever they want! Also, Tina is one of the few celebrity grandparents who have long and toned legs even at that age (Tina is 76 years old). Unfortunately, Tina has always had a rather troubled relationship with her family, and the only thing we know about them is that she has two grandchildren.
12. Okay, now we are jealous. Harrison Ford has four grandchildren, and he has been a professional grandpa since 1993. Harrison has a large family too: he has five kids, four grandchildren and he has been married three times so far. At 73, legendary Hollywood actor looks vital and handsome as ever! And he is such a cute grandpa, too! Can you imagine the stories he is telling his grandkids? Like, remember the time when grandpa was Indiana Jones? That’s some good DNA right there!
13. Okay, we’re jealous again! Tom Hanks first became a grandpa in 2011, when his son, also an actor, Colin Hanks and his daughter-in-law, welcomed a baby girl. Tom told David Letterman everything about this magnificent experience: “It’s better than television. It’s magnificent! There’s nothing I’d rather be doing than having that little kid on my knee or in my arms, and I’m saying things like (in an exaggerated, playful voice), ‘Who’s that little girl?’ or ‘Such a big yawn for such a little girl!’”
14. Billy Crystal was extremely excited when his daughter told him she was pregnant. Actually, he was so excited, he even wrote a book about it: “I Already Know I Love You.” Years later, he described his relationship with his grandkids: “I really enjoy being around the kids. The older girls are starting to understand what I do now for a living and starting to see me in my movies, which means they have a different view of me now they know I act. When they understood that I was Mike Wazowski in Monsters Inc, I had to talk like him for six months. It drove me crazy. Then they saw The Princess Bride, and I had to be Miracle Max for six months.”
15. June Shannon is famous for being a star from the trashy, but still popular, TV show “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo,” but in case you are not watching this show, you probably don’t know that June became a grandmother in 2013. Her daughter, Anna Shannon gave birth to a baby girl and gave her a pretty name- Kaitlyn. June, on the other hand, calls her baby “Gigi’s baby” for some reason, and she was truly heartbroken when she and Anna moved away to Alabama last season.