15 Celebrity Craziest Crash Diets
Whenever a celebrity gains a few extra pounds, a baby reindeer somewhere becomes really, really sad. Do you want that cute reindeer to start crying? No you don’t. We might be exaggerating, but trust us, celebs are obsessed with their bodies just like we are. However, the differents between you and celebrities (besides billions of dollars) is that celebrities are judged hard each time they make a mistake. So if a celeb becomes a little bit too thick for our taste, we all become merciless! That’s why poor celebrities had to invent new, crazy crash diets that will make them young, fresh and thin in no time!
1. Jessica Simpson is famous for being a fan of crash diets. Allegedly, Jessica tried a smoothie-based crash diet in order to lose weight after the birth of her daughter. She used to drink three smoothies a day, two healthy snacks included, for five days. Then she would drink two smoothies a day, along with two healthy snacks for five days and THEN she would take one smoothie a day, again with two healthy snacks for five days… It even sounds exhausting.
2. Megan Fox looks good, but we guess that she has to work hard in order to achieve that greatness! Megan is a fan of a so called Vinegar diet. Basically, it’s all about drinking vinegar- you just do a shots of it so you can lose weight. Megan says that it cleanses out your system and reduces water weight. But if we’re 90% water, does it mean that we are slowly replacing water with vinegar? We’re just joking and this diet sounds disgusting!
3. So what does a Victoria’s Secret model have to do in order to get that sick body that Adriana Lima already has? The answer is: the Victoria’s Secret diet, of course! Adriana admits to having protein shakes that include powdered eggs, vitamins and all kinds of supplements for nine days before the show! If this sounds harsh, prepare for this: 12 hours before the show, she stops drinking water entirely. So next time someone tells you that models don’t do anything, you tell them that that’s not true!
4. Another seriously crazy crash diet on this list is the Black Swan diet. You’re guessing it right, we are talking about the diet that helped beautiful, and already skinny, Natalie Portman to prepare for her role of a ballerina who loses her mind in the movie Black Swan. This diet allows you to have only 1200 calories a day, but also, you are required to work out five to eight hours a day- and that includes ballet, swimming and interval training! Well, she did get an Oscar for it.
5. Christina Aguilera is another big fan of crash diets and she is allegedly pretty much in love with the 7-day color diet. The good side of this diet is that it makes you eat more fruits an vegetables: each day of the diet you eat foods of one color. You start with white and then you proceed with green, orange, purple, yellow and the rest of the colors. The bad side of the diet is that no junk food is allowed, so don’t drink Coca Cola on the red day.
6. Remember when Beyonce played Deena Jones in Dreamgirls? Well, she had to lose a lot of (flawless) pounds for that role, and she turned to the Master Cleanse diet. Master Cleanse diet is another crash diet based on liquids. Bey confessed to Oprah that she used to drink a mixture of lime or lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne pepper and water six to twelve times a day! Also, she had to eat A LOT of vegetables for 14 days. You are the master, Bey.
7. Gwyneth Paltrow and Benjamin Button have one thing in common, and that is not aging in reverse. We are talking about eating baby food when you are not baby (not that we are saying that Benjamin preferred baby food, it was just a curious case). So in order to stay slim, Gwyneth used to eat pots of pureed vegetables and other food for babies. This diet is believed to clean your body and help you lose weight with 150 calories per pot.
8. Have you ever heard of Les Mis diet? In case you have not, Les Mis diet is the diet Anne Hathaway used in order to lose weight for the role of Fantine in the movie adaptation of Les Miserables. This is one of the most severe crash diets ever, so don’t rush into trying it immediately. The diet is described as “near-starvation” and it consists of eating thin squares of dried oatmeal paste a day. Well, that’s juts yummy. Can we order a burger instead?
9. The following diet might sound disgusting and you may have the urge to throw up. In case you still want to read about it, remember that you have been warned. Okay so January Jones mentioned in an interview that she had her placenta turned into pills. She swallows those pills afterwards. You might ask yourself: “Why?”. The whole idea behind it is that placenta contains high levels of a certain hormone that helps shrink your uterus back to its previous size.
10. If you could guess the name of a diet Lady Gaga once loved, what would you say? Whatever you guessed, we don’t think you got it right: Lady Gaga announced a few years ago that she is on the Drunk diet. That’s right, you read that well. It turns out that Drunk diet is just living your life as you want to. Go out for drinks and then go for some more. But you also have to work out everyday, just don’t work out while you are drinking because, well, it will be tragic.
11. Mariah Carey has always had a problem with yo-yo dieting. Although she usually looked good, she did reach extremes on the both sides. Naturally, she was on plenty crash diets, but the one that caught our attention for its name and taste is the Bleak diet. Doesn’t is sound… bleak? Mariah once said that this diet consists of soups and fish she prepared without salt, spices or sugar. That’s hardly preparing if you ask us!
12. Sarah Michelle Gellar was on a Cabbage soup diet once! Sure, she is a big fan of karate and kickboxing, but she also decided to try out the new hottest crash diet. Let’s be honest, Cabbage soup diet doesn’t really sound so exciting, so what else does it involve except cabbage? And the right answer is- nothing! It involves eating unlimited amounts of cabbage soup and some low calorie vegetables. But where is the cheese?
13. Brooke Shield revealed her favorite diet long time ago; Brook is another Hollywood star who tried out many crash diets but there is one that she really believed into and that is- the Grapefruit diet! This diet is based on the idea that grapefruits contain a special enzyme that boosts fat burning. All you have to do is to eat half a grapefruit before every meal. We are not sure if this diet works, but is sure doesn’t sound so tasty to us!
14. Snooki was on the Cookie diet. Yep, we are serious! There is a diet called the Cookie diet and you actually eat cookies. But don’t be fooled by this name! The Cookie diet allows you to eat up to nine 60-calorie cookes a day and you suppress your mad hunger by eating a cookie every two hours. We are guessing that a more suitable name would be The Cookie diet from hell. However, Snooki actually dropped a few pounds with this crazy crash diet.
15. And finally, Madonna was once a fan of the Bacteria diet. Her chef created a diet that was rich in fiber and laced it with so called “good bacteria”. The story behind is that the bacteria prevents cancer and it helps with food digestion by, wait for it, boosting the growth of microbes in Madonna’s poop. Oh yeah. So when you thought that there is probably nothing that Madonna can do to make you shocked and confused, you were so wrong.