15 DIY Hacks For Flawless Skin
Skin is complicated, people. You may have heard that only thing you need to do in order to have pristine skin is to drink a lot of water. So you drank a lot of water, but your skin is still not pristine! That’s because you are probably concentrating on the wrong things: you are buying skin care products that do not suit your skin at all, you don’t clean your face the right way, or you just don’t know what you are supposed to do with your skin! But don’t worry, there is a way to make your skin glow! Just check these DIY tips for flawless skin!
1. In order to get skin that is even and perfectly clear, you should use fruit extracts, like those that can be found in papaya. Papaya is very rich in enzymes that help correct the uneven skin tones. Also, you should use milk and yogurt, because lactic acids acts as a very powerful hydrator that makes your skin smooth. So mix 2 tbsp of plain yogurt, 1 tbsp of raw oats, 1 tbsp milk, 2 tbsp mashed papaya in a bowl, apply to clean skin and rinse off after 5 minutes.
2. In case your skin looks dull, here is a perfect do-it-yourself trick you should try. Take 6 teaspoons of grape seed oil, 2 drops of rose oil, 1 teaspoon of warmed honey and 5 teaspoons of ground almonds. Mix these ingredients and leave them on your face for 20 minutes. The grape seed oil in this mixture is a powerful antioxidant and the honey is great for hydration, as well as for reducing breakouts, puffiness and fine lines.
3. In case you have problems with stubborn zits, our recommendation is to try out thyme. Thyme is perfect for acne because it acts as an antiseptic and it kills acne-causing bacteria. Also, thyme is famous for unclogging pores naturally. You can make your own thyme based cleanser and use it two to three times a week in order to calm your oil glands. Also, there are many skin care products that are based on organic thyme, so you can try them as well!
4. Is your skin dry? As you can see, Kim Kardashian uses Avocado mask for her face when she needs some extra hydration, so why wouldn’t you give it a try? Avocado contains B vitamins and fatty acids that hydrate skin extremely well. Also, these vitamins are great for all skin types, so you don’t have to worry. Just mix 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 avocado and 1/4 honey. Mix them all together in a bowl and apply to your face. Rinse after 20 minutes.
5. Oh, no! You discovered a huge pimple on your face and you definitely should not have a huge pimple on tomorrow’s meeting? Don’t worry! You can beat it with this anti-inflammatory mask. Just mix some apple cider vinegar, 1 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup mashed strawberry and 1/2 cup almond powder. The malic acid in the strawberries will tighten your pores and the almond powder will remove the dirt. However, don’t wipe your face with a hand towel after washing, because of the germs. Instead, use a clean paper towel.
6. In case you need to prepare your skin for a big event, have in mind that you should work on the skin circulation. The reason for this is because good circulation is the secret to glowing skin. So in order to prepare your skin for the party, we suggest you take a warm bath with Epsom salts and gently scrub skin to boost the blood flow! After that, mix equal parts of sugar and used coffee grinds and gently rub onto a damp face in circular motions for a minute or two.
7. Did you party a bit too hard last night and now your skin suffers from hangover just like your head does? No problem, just brew two tea bags, we suggest black tea and chamomile because they are rich in caffeine and skin-soothing tannins, and pop the bags in the freezer for 10 minutes. Then, take out the bags and press them onto puffy eyes. Lie down for a few moments, think non-alcoholic thoughts and choose the tea without chrysanthemum because it can temporarily stain your skin.
8. It’s summer, so beware of the sun! Too late? In case you already suffer from sunburns on your face, you can beat them with this fantastic DIY aloe vera mask. It is fast-absorbing and it doesn’t irritate sensitive skin. Let’s be honest, that’s all you need when your face is all red. So mix 3 tbsp aloe vera juice, 1 tbsp aloe vera gela and 2 drops rose oil. Mix it all up and apply to your face with a cotton ball. Rose will help you boost circulation and it will reduce the redness.
9. Another good and useful trick for flawless skin that you can do yourself every single day is to eat the so called youthful foods. So what are these foods? You should eat foods that are high in essential fatty acids: olives, almonds and wheat germ. These acids will help your skin become more supple and smooth. Also, when you are shopping for oil, make sure that they are cold pressed, because they preserve skin-saving benefits.
10. Are you stressed out? Because if you are, your skin will reflect it very easily! So use this mask to scrub out all the stress. Mix 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup corn meal, 1/4 cup grapefruit juice and leave it in the fridge for some time. Then, scrub onto your face for two minutes and rinse. The cornmeal will definitely remove dead skin cells but it will not cause any irritations. Grapefruit juice contains salicylic acid that prevents breakouts.
11. One of the best tricks for flawless skin is to keep it simple. The ideal routine you should have every day is cleansing-toning-moisturizing. Have in mind that nighttime is the best time to hydrate since this is our healing period. During the night, the skin has more ability to absorb more moisture. Be sure to splash your face in the morning and apply a moisturizer. At night, use toner and cleanser, and then apply a healthy dose of moisturizer on your face, neck and décolleté.
12. Did you know that bananas can make you skin glow? That’s right, bananas are full of potassium and magnesium. They also regulate the digestive system, which also has an influence on the quality of your skin. So you can eat more bananas from now on and… you can make a DIY home treatment with them! Just mash up a banana and stir in some flax seed oil and ground oatmeal. Apply that paste on your skin and let it dry, then tissue it off and admire your calm and beautiful skin.
13. If you are sick and tired of blemishes on your face, you should definitely try the pumpkin peel mask. Pumpkin is one of the best ingredients you can use on your face and generally, on your skin. This is because the pumpkin reacts to your skin’s natural enzymes and it helps to dissolve blemishes, instead of drying them out and making the situation even worse. So dab some pumpkin mask on pimples as if you are having an overnight spot treatment.
14. Don’t forget your lips! When your lips flake and get drier, it creates a callus on your lip and you will not be able to repair your skin so easily once it happens. So keep your lips in shape with a DIY lip exfoliator made of coconut oil or Vaseline with just a scoop of sugar and rub it on your lips. Sugar will keep moisture within the skin as a natural humectant. And in case your lips already started cracking, add a drop of honey to the cracks.
15. And finally- make your own makeup! You don’t have to pay for the expensive moisturizers, you can make your own instead. Just combine a few drops of an oil-based foundation with a moisturizer in order to create a custom blended moisturizer. The reason why you should choose an oil based foundation is because it will keep your skin dewy but also, it will not show any imperfections. Dewy, unlike powder finish, always looks younger and healthier.