15 Fast Food Options that Aren’t that Bad For You
Fast food is often considered as the worst thing you can do to your body (and soul).That’s because it really is bad. Fast food is greasy, consisted of suspicious and often dangerous ingredients and additives and oh, so addictive. It is basically a poison with beautiful looks and smell. However, there are times when you just can’t cook a healthy meal for yourself. You have been eating oats and broccoli for a week now, and if you don’t eat something salty, you will go crazy. We completely understand you and we have a secret for you- it’s okay to eat fast food. There are some fast food options that actually aren’t that bad for you. Therefore, we made a list!
1. McDonald’s is of course the pioneer of fast food chains. Since they opened their first restaurant in 1940, McDonald’s has been feeding generations and generations on this planet. We all dream about double cheeseburger while going back home from the night out, but instead, you can order McDonald’s Honey Mustard Snack Wrap and not feel bloated and guilty because you succumbed to your hunger.
2. Subway is one of the fast food chains that offers many healthy options, but as you already know it, many of those options actually have hidden calories. Our suggestion is to choose from their 6 grams of fat or less menu. This menu includes the Roast Beef, Over-Roasted Chicken and Club sandwich. These sandwiches contain about 320 calories, about 5 grams of fat and they even contain some protein. Nice!
3. So you passed by Burger King and your knees became weak. There is no reason to be sad! You can go inside and order Burger King’s Premium Alaskan Fish Sandwich Meal. Just be sure to skip on the tartar sauce and French fries. Instead order a side salad and water. This way your favorite meal will be healthier and you will save yourself whooping 700 calories! This meal has 450 grams of fat and 53 grams of carbs!
4. You can choose a healthier fast food solution if you visit Wendy’s, as well! Luckily, their menu can be combined according to your wishes and preferences. Because of this, you can make a perfect combination for yourself. Our suggestion is to order the Ultimate Chicken Grill Burger which has 390 calories. Remove the top burger bun and save about 110 calories! Also, pair it with a small chili or the BLT Cobb Salad, and make yourself a nice meal!
5. Arby’s has the Market Fresh Menu that is not that healthy as it sounds. You would be surprised if you knew that the majority of these sandwiches have more than 500 calories! However, there is a way to eat a delicious meal at Arby’s and not gain some extra fat. Order a classic turkey roaster or a roast beef classic. We also suggest you skip the curly fries because even their smallest sizes contain about 400 calories.
6. Taco Bell is another fast food chain which has decided to bring some health to their menu. Now you can choose crunchy tacos and supreme chicken burritos which contain 9 grams of fat or less. So if you order a Fresco Grilled Steak Soft taco, you will intake only about 150 calories! You can also order black beans which are rich in fiber and protein. However, Taco Bell salads contain about 700 calories, so you should stick to the beans.
7. So you are afraid of eating at Chipotle because you think you will gain weight. There is a way to eat at Chipotle and not to intake 600 calories! You can control your portions and sizes and eat healthier. We suggest you start with crunchy lettuce base, topped with some pork and black beans. Also, add some fajita vegetables, green tomatillo salsa. And the best thing is, if you skip the dressing, you will sacrifice no flavor of your salad!
8. Panera Bread is another fast food option you can try if you’re in love with fresh ingredients and fast food! If you choose their You Pick Two combination, you can take a half sandwich, salad and even a cup of soup. However, be sure to stay away from cream-based soups like Creamy Tomato and Broccoli Cheddar. These soups are prepared with butter and oil, therefore you should go for broth-based soups instead.
9. It’s okay to eat cheeseburger, folks! According to some studies, meals that are openly “greasier” than others have less hidden fats than the other ones. So if you settle with a classic (not double, classic) cheeseburger at McDonald’s and kid sized French fries, you are opting for about 400 calories. This is okay if you stay away from mayonnaise, which will save you from amazing 90 calories and 10 grams of fat!
10. We are all in a rush. Sometimes it seems that only time we’re not in a rush is when we sleep. Therefore, we have little time to eat. Fast food chains have a solution, which sometimes isn’t that bad. Chipotle Chicken Wrap at Starbucks is one of those solutions. Their tortillas are whole-wheat, they contain white chicken strips, pepper jack cheese, lime-cilantro slaw and tomato avocado salsa! This Bistro Box contains about 390 calories.
11. Everybody loves chicken! That’s exactly why Chick-fil-A tends to have more chicken based dishes rather than other hamburgers. What’s the difference between them and KFC, you may ask Well, the difference is that Chick-fil-A uses peanut oil and exclusively 100% white breast meat chicken. This is also the reason why their sandwiches contain less calories than other fast food chains.
12. Breakfast in a fast food restaurant doesn’t have to be the beginning of a very greasy day. We suggest Egg and Cheese Wake up Wrap at Dunkin’ Donuts! Unlike other food chains which also serve breakfast, this option is very cheap and also- pretty nutritious! It contains about 7 grams of protein and about 10 grams of fat. Okay, this may sound a bit too much for a morning sandwich, but the total amount of calories is- 180. Enjoy!
13. Eating desserts at the fast food restaurant? We must be crazy for suggesting something like that! Actually, there are some desserts you can eat and not feel like you have committed a crime against your diet. We suggest: Dunkin’ Donuts Cinnamon Cake Munchkins! Two of these babies will make you happy AND they contain only 120 calories, both. They also contain about 7 grams of fat.
14. Another dessert option which will not make you feel guilty is McDonald’s Vanilla Soft-Serve Cone. This is the ice cream we all enjoyed as kids. Besides loving it as a childhood memory, we also love the times when we didn’t have to count calories. Weight anxiety aside, this yummy ice cream contains only 170 calories and even less fat than Dunkin’ Donuts Munchkins- about 4.5 grams of fat.
15 . And finally, we present you our favorite sweet retreat from Starbucks- Starbucks Chocolate Cake Pop. They are so great and they are interesting to eat! If you love candy as we do, you know what we are talking about. However, all candy lovers must take care of their weight, since the war on sugar was declared. These fantastic cake pops contain about 140 calories and 7 grams of fat (4 grams of saturated fat).