15 Most Effective Anti-Cellulite Foods
Cellulite is one of the worst things ever. Usually, women are those who suffer the most from this under-skin fat our punishment for eating that apple in the Garden of Eden, but some men experience cellulite as well. According to a review, 85% to 98% of women have it, which indicates that cellulite is physiologic rather than pathologic. But at the end of the day, women despise cellulite. It usually appears on the thighs, butt or stomach which really interferes with the image of an ideal bikini body. So what can be done? We have a list of suggestions right here, and it seems like the solution to cellulite might be found in- food!
1. This tip is bananas! In case you didn’t know, bananas are one of the foods with the highest potassium- sodium ratio. This fact makes bananas an excellent snack in case you’re on a diet or you’re just prone to developing cellulite. The biggest problem about cellulite is that it increases water retention, which is linked to cellulite. However, potassium has the opposite effect! Bananas are also great because they promote blood flow in the body.
2. Mangos are packed with nutrients and it has a lot of bio active compounds. Besides being great for cellulite problems, you should also incorporate mango in your diet because it can help you with reducing body fat and it controls blood sugar. It seems like this exotic fruit is quite helpful, but that is not all- mango is also high in fiber, pectin and vitamin C. Just like bananas, mango is also rich in potassium, which is great news for your blood pressure.
3. A nice bowl of oatmeal is always a good way to start your day. According to some researches, oatmeal is one of the most effective ways to feel full longer. Also, many researches show that eating oats in the morning can reduce the number of calories you consume during the rest of the day. Oatmeal contains a lot of soluble fiber, which is a type of fiber that forms a gel in your digestive tract and flushes all the waste and toxins from your body. That being said, this type of fiber reduces the chances of cellulite attacking your body.
4. If you are worried about your cellulite (worried/ hate the thought of it), blueberries are the perfect fruit for you. Blueberries actually have a very high concentration of anthocyanins and therefore blueberries make your collagen matrix healthier. In case you didn’t know, collagen production is responsible for the quality of your skin, so you might want to be good to your collagen. The anthocyanins in blueberries also enhances the effect of the vitamin C in this magnificent fruit.
5. We have good news for all of you egg-lovers! Egg whites are recommended in every anti-cellulite diet. Egg whites are one of the best sources of dietary protein and they are also low in fat. However, the egg yolk is very high in calories, cholesterol and fat. But that doesn’t mean you can’t indulge yourself with a yolk or two from time to time- include some egg yolk in your omelette because yolks contain minerals such as iron, iodine and zinc.
6. Pineapples are yummy and they can help you get rid of that nasty cellulite! Pineapples are very rich in vitamin C and they also contain a large amount of potassium. But there is something that pineapple contains and it directly influences the development of cellulite- we are talking about bromelain, an enzyme that helps in the protein digestion. Also, bromelain makes blood circulation better and therefore, it reduces the cellulite.
7. Sweet, sweet pears! Pears are another healthy food that influences cellulite reduction. Pears actually contain a lot of iodine, a mineral necessary for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland, which directly controls the basal metabolic rate. In other words, iodine has an influence on the energy consumption in your body. Many people are iodine deficient, and it ultimately results in either weight loss or weight gain. Iodine can also help you get rid of the toxins, which are believed to cause cellulite.
8. Quinoa is one of the latest health crazes, but that is not happening for no reason. Those cute little grains are actually seeds of a green, leafy veggie. Another fun fact is that quinoa is a relative of spinach and Swiss chard! So it comes from a good family! But seriously now, quinoa is low in calories and very rich in protein. These properties make this fantastic seed great for weight loss but also, for combating cellulite. Finally, quinoa is a great source of magnesium, copper, iron, phosphorus and manganese.
9. There are a few reasons why broccoli is great for combating cellulite; the first one is that broccoli contains alpha lipoic acid, which basically helps prevent the hardening of collagen and, as we already mentioned, collagen is crucial for the beauty of our skin. Also, broccoli is packed with vitamin C and it is a source of dietary fiber. And finally, broccoli is great for fighting cellulite because it is one of the best dairy-free sources of calcium.
10. Don’t forget the water! People who drink more water tend to lose more weight. One of the reasons for that is because water has no calories but it makes us feel full. Also, it is very important to stay well hydrated throughout the day because water encourages the use of kidneys rather than liver for flushing out the toxins. Liver is crucial for converting energy from stored body fat, so if your liver is not busy with eliminating toxins, it can concentrate on destroying the body fat.
11. Asparagus is one of the best foods for reducing cellulite! But this is not the only benefit of this magnificent vegetable. Asparagus helps your veins and capillaries to become stronger and it controls blood pressure. Asparagus also has high concentration of potassium and the amino acid asparagine, which gives this veggie diuretic properties. This is especially great news for those of you who need to flush out the toxins and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
12. Garlic may not be good for your breath, but it is most certainly very effective when it comes to cellulite and general health. According to some researches, garlic shows to be effective at promoting heart and cardiovascular health. Garlic is also very good when it comes to preventing and treating cancer, as well as high blood pressure. But did you know that garlic can promote weight loss? It is believed that garlic boosts metabolism and therefore, it is great for cellulite.
13. In case you are prone to cellulite, papaya should be your new, favorite food. Papaya is often used in skin treatments because it has been shown to prevent tissue damage under the skin. Also, papaya is packed with vitamin C (it has more vitamin C than oranges), which is also great because fat accumulation is related to low blood levels of vitamin C. These factors have a positive effect on cellulite, which only means that papaya is one of the ultimate anti-cellulite powerhouses!
14. If you are a big fan of rosemary in your food, we have some great news for you- rosemary stimulates circulation which is very beneficial when it comes to treating cellulite. This fantastic herb improves digestion of fats but also, it prevents toxins from accumulating beneath the skin. Rosemary contains rosmarinic acid, a type of plant polyphenol that protects our tissues from free radical damage and promotes collagen and elastin synthesis.
15. Finally, if you are want to get rid of cellulite, you have to step away from the processed fatty foods. That means saying goodbye to cheese and sausages if you don’t want to see cellulite again. However, not all fats are bad fats. Good fats, such as omega 3 fats, are very beneficial when it comes to general human health. The fatty acids help body metabolize fat and they can be found in oily fish such as salmon and mackerel.