15 Times Kate Middleton And Lady Diana Were Like Twins
Kate Middleton is one of the most beautiful and definitely, most popular members of the British royal family. Does this description remind you of someone? That’s right, late Lady Diana was also very much loved for her grace but also, for her humanity, just like Kate is today. The wife of the future King of England is also famous for her slim figure and very elegant taste when it comes to fashion. Just like her late mother-in-law, The Duchess of Cambridge loves bright colors and gorgeous accessories, so we decided to make a list of 15 times Kate and Diana were practically twins!
1. Wow! Both ladies looked really elegant in white. Lady Diana was seen in this gorgeous white dress back in 1988, and Kate Middleton wore her white dress in April, 2011. This photo of Kate was taken when she was leaving for Clarence House for the reception following her wedding in the very same year. We can only imagine how beautiful would Lady D look on her son’s wedding day, but we’re sure that she was there with them in their hearts and thoughts.
2. The resemblance between Lady Diana and The Duchess of Cambridge is uncanny here! On the left, we can see Diana at Buckingham Palace in 1980. Diana was a woman of great beauty, and she could wear almost everything with such style and grace. On the other hand, we have Kate Middleton in Alexander McQueen In Charlottetown, Canada during the Royal Tour of North America in 2011, and she also looked very stylish and elegant.
3. This photo of Kate Middleton was taken in the same year as the previous one; in 2011, the royal family went to Canada during the Royal Tour of North America to celebrate National Canada Day. Naturally, Kate was extremely beautiful and elegant, and she chose an Issa dress for this special occasion. When people saw photos of Kate, they couldn’t believe how much she looks like Diana in a purple Versace dress back in 1996!
4. Talking about style and grace! We can clearly see here that both Diana and Kate looked very beautiful in their baby-rose outfits. On the left is Lady D, who wore Catherine Walker in Sicily during the Royal Tour of Italy in April, 1985. Obviously, this color is still popular, and Kate rocked it in Emilia Wickstead at a garden party at Buckingham Palace in May, 2012. When it comes to style and class, years that pass don’t mean a thing.
5. Wow! Kate and Lady D definitely look like twins here! In March, 1985, Lady Diana left everyone speechless in this Bruce Oldfield at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London. More than 20 years later, Kate Middleton shined in similar dress; Kate wore Jenny Packham at the National Memorial Arboretum Appeal at St James’ Palace in London in November 2011. We believe that it is obvious why designers love both of these ladies.
6. No, this is not the same person, these are actually two photos of two gorgeous women who can wear anything at all and look fantastic! As you can see, Diana wore this blue dress in October , 1985, but she also wore a special accessory on her head, which is pretty typical for the 1980’s. Still, she managed to look very beautiful. On the other side, we have Kate in one of the most elegant gowns by Jenny Packham at Royal Albert Hall in May 2012.
7. Special occasions call for special outfits, and nobody knows it better than the members of the royal family (and Kim Kardashian probably). Both ladies once wore full-length white and gold gowns that really made them look like princesses from fairy-tales. Diana wore this gown by Emanuels at a dinner at the German Embassy in London in 1986, and Kate looked very elegant at an official dinner hosted by Malaysia’s president in Kuala Lumpur in 2012.
8. No, you’re not seeing double! Lady Diana was always loved for her almost tomboyish style. She was one of the very few women who were called tomboyish and they were still extremely feminine. This is especially visible in this photo, where Diana is wearing a coat by the Emanuels while touring Venice with Charles in 1985. On the right, we can see Kate in Alexander McQueen. Kate looked absolutely fabulous while visiting St Andrew’s School, her alma mater in 2012.
9. One of the main reasons why Diana and Kate are so similar is because Kate is as slim as Diana once was. In other words, these ladies share so much more than it seems. For example, Kate looks as beautiful in tight clothes just as Diana once did. Oh, and they both look so beautiful in white. On the left is Lady D at the Royal Ascot in June, 1986. On the right is Kate Middleton in Singapore during the Diamond Jubilee Tour in September 2012.
10. Let’s be honest- not so many women are able to pull off this pastel blue color like Diana and Kate. It’s rather an unusual color when you think about it, but some people are obviously predestined to look great in everything. In 1987, Diana wore Catherine Walker at Easter services and more than 20 years later, Kate wore a Matthew Williamson coat while visiting Pembroke Refinery in Wales in November 2014. Also, Kate rocked these black boots.
11. Being a princess sounds like living in a fairy-tale 24/7, but we guess that there is more to being a part of the royal family than this. One of the best things about Kate and Diana is that they really look like princesses. Like Diana in Bruce Oldfield, for example- late princess looked so charming at an official dinner in Lisbon, Portugal in 1987. Kate also looked amazing in Jenny Packham at the 600th Anniversary Dinner for St Andrews in 2014.
12. How cute is this! On the left side, you can see Diana and Charles who are getting ready to announce their engagement in February 1981. They were so young and full of hope. On the right are Kate and William, who announced their engagement in November 2010. So, almost 30 years later, Diana’s and Charles’ son was ready to marry the woman he loves. We are happy to see that their marriage is much stronger than the one William’s parents had.
13. Of course, Kate and Lady Diana looked very similar on their wedding days. Diana wore an ivory silk taffeta and antique lace gown at her wedding to Prince of Wales in 1981. Her wedding dress is one of the most iconic wedding dresses ever, and it was considered one of the most closely guarded secrets in the history of fashion. Kate’s wedding dress was as luxurious as Diana’s, and it was created by Sarah Burton, creative director of the fashion house Alexander McQueen.
14. These were some of the most special moments for the British history. On the left side are Diana and Charles who presented baby William on the day after his birth in 1982. In 2013, William and his wife Kate presented baby George on the day after his birth too! Many people noticed that Kate wore a very similar “dress” to the one Diana once wore. Both dresses are, obviously, for new moms but these polka dots make them look really cute.
15. And finally, both ladies proved they look wonderful in yellow! Also, Lady Diana looks so pretty in this photo, and it makes us really sad that she’s no longer with us. But, we’re not going to cry; instead, we will cherish these beautiful and elegant women who look so much alike. Diana rocked this yellow dress in Australia and New Zealand in 1983, while Kate looked especially stylish in a similar dress during the Royal Tour of North America in 2011.