15 Ways Celebrities Use Coconut Oil to Look Fabulous
Coconut oil has been on the same planet with us for centuries, but it seem like it takes a few celebrities to make a product visible. In other words, up until the last few years, we were still obsessing with aloe vera, but now that Gwyneth Paltrow is gargling it, Angelina Jolie starts her day with it and Channing Tatum smears it over his wife’s pregnant belly, coconut is your new best friend. But seriously, coconut oil is insanely healthy. It is one of the “good” oils, so you can prepare food with it or use it as a beauty product! Check out how these celebs are using it!
1. Mindy Kaling once revealed her trick with coconut oil: She said that her mom makes her heat up coconut oil, put it in her hair and wrap it in a towel. According to Mindy, it’s an Indian recipe for shinier hair! So ladies, before you wash your hair today, heat up some coconut oil and put it in your hair. Mindy always had great, shiny hair, so we can conclude that this is a legitimate way to use coconut oil.
2. Erin Heatherton found out about the benefits of coconut oil by accident! She says she was blowdrying her hair in the kitchen and she was running really late. Then, she grabbed some coconut oil from the counter and thought- whatever! Famous model and actress just rubbed it on her face and hair. After that, she found out that it is antibacterial and decided to use it when she’s not in a hurry, too!
3. Gwyneth Paltrow is another big fan of coconut oil! She says she is using it A LOT! She uses it on her face, on her skin and in her cooking. Gwyneth is also doing something called oil pulling. Don’t worry if you don’t know what that is. Gwyneth explains it as swishing coconut oil in your mouth for 20 minutes. As a result, your teeth are white and your oral health is great. Famous actress admits finding out about it on the internet.
4. Alan Cumming found out about coconut oil when he went to Peacefood on 11th and University. He says he went there with his assistant Jimmy, and they discovered this coffee and kale-and-coconut-oil shake thing he liked a lot. Since then he’s been using it in his food, and even though we can’t imagine what he was drinking in Peacefood, we are happy he decided to implement coconut oil in his menu.
5. If Gisele says coconut oil is good, who are we to oppose?! She explained how she uses it to make sweets. To be more precise, she explained how to make a vegan birthday cake! You need some cocoa powder, some coconut oil and dates! Put these ingredients in the processor and there you have it! Easy, delicious and healthy! Gisele made this cake for her son’s birthday, so you know it’s good!
6. Suki Waterhouse admits that she makes crazy things in her kitchen, but not in order to make a meal! Actually, Suki likes to experiment with skincare things. Bradley Cooper’s ex-girlfriend (we know, we won’t be able to see their beautiful babies, don’t even remind us and model loves coconut oil, and she puts it on her skin and in her hair. She says that sometimes she sleeps with coconut oil in her hair and feels extra moisturized in the morning!
7. Have you noticed that supermodels adore coconut oil? Yep, we noticed that too. That’s why we made a little stash of coconut oil in our kitchen AND bathroom. But let’s go back to Miranda. She admits that she doesn’t go a day without coconut oil. She also says she takes four teaspoons per day: on her salads, in her cookings and even in her cups of green tea! It’s been said that coconut oil helps you reduce your weight, so why not try it out?
8. Angelina Jolie also uses coconut oil, but not in teaspoons like Miranda Kerr. Nope, Jolie is using it in tablespoons, and she isn’t afraid to admit it. Famous actress and producer starts her day with a little more than a spoonful of coconut oil and a handful of cereal. We don’t know if she mixes it with milk or maybe some tea, but we conclude that coconut oil does wonders for Angelina if she uses it so much!
9. Well, we did mention Angelina Jolie. Now we really have to see if Brad Pitt’s ex-wife has something to say about coconut oil too. Oh look, she does! Jennifer Aniston loves coconut oil with nachos! Can you believe that? She admits that nachos are her favorite food. She loves them so much, she would eat them even if they fell on the floor. Also, Jen fries the chips herself- she cuts them like tortillas and throws them in coconut oil!
10. Blake Lively got best advices on coconut oil from her mom! She said one in an interview: “Something my mom does that is kind of cool: She puts coconut oil on the ends of her hair. When you shampoo your hair, you’re trying to get the oil out of your roots, but you really want the rest of your hair to maintain its moisture. When you put coconut oil on the ends, the shampoo gets oil out of the roots, but also protects the ends.”
11. Emma Stone, on the other hand, discovered coconut oil out of need for something that won’t cause allergies on her skin. She admits having problems with allergic reactions to her skin, and that’s the reason why she uses extra virgin oil. But also, she uses coconut oil to take off her make up. Coconut oil is really great for taking off your make up because it is antibacterial and it smell like heaven!
12. Talking about celebs who are crazy for coconut oil! This is what Kourtney Kardashian wrote on her blog: “I eat coconuts all the time and I use coconut oil every day. Not only do I love the smell and the taste of coconut, this magical fruit has so many health benefits! It boosts your metabolism, aids in weight loss, supports immunity, stops sugar cravings, and best of all — hydrates and makes skin stronger, preventing wrinkles and sagging! I love to make coconut pudding for a little sweet treat, I also use the oil as a hair mask and I use coconut oil as body lotion every day! It makes my skin and hair so smooth and soft.”
13. Lykke Li uses coconut oil as a skin moisturizer. She says that to her, coconut oil is just amazing. She also puts it in her hair! According to Lykke, if you want a bit greasier look on your hair, just put some coconut oil. Just like Emma Stone, famous pop singer also takes her make up off with it. Lykke takes her coffee with a little bit of coconut oil. In short, she puts it in absolutely everything!
14. Carolyn Murphy is another model who is absolutely in love with coconut oil. This is what she said in one of her interviews: “And what Dylan and I are using right now in our hair and on our skin is this: Spectrum Coconut Oil, unrefined. We just finished a tub of it. I swear by coconut oil, and even raw olive oil. I’ve even been known to take it on the plane with me and slather it on, and people think I’m weird, but who cares? I slather it on my body, and on the tips of my hair.”
15. Kelly Osbourne shared a few coconut tips with all the people who read her blog. She said all ladies should try using the oil to highlight their cheekbones over the make up. Also, she recommended removing the excess make up with coconut oil. Kelly even called coconut oil “a gift from god” so you know she is serious. She concluded her post with: “It doesn’t stop there. Cook with the damn thing at a high temperature as a healthy alternative to using vegetable or canola oil. Try it. Love it. THANK ME LATERRR!! xoxo.” Xoxo, indeed!