BraceFace: 15 Celebrities Who Wore Braces
Nobody likes braces. They were the trigger for all the insults and tough adolescence times for so many people. But, when celebrities wear braces, it seems like a completely different thing. Sure, they still look weird, but we don’t really think that anyone called them metal mouth! These celebrities wore braces in order to straighten their teeth and correct their smiles. These famous people wore braces as adults, and they were quite an inspiration for all the kids out there who suffer because of their braces situations. And that’s why we decided to make this list- if you once wore or you are wearing braces now, these celebs know what you’ve been through.
1. Adorable Angelina Jolie has always been famous for her smile and her full lips. Angie is definitely one of the most beautiful women today- her face is 100 % symmetric, her eyes are hypnotic and she has one of the prettiest smiles in Hollywood. But even Angelina Jolie had to wear braces at some point. Here we see famous actress as a teenager, together with her famous dad, Jon Voight, on the red carpet.
2. LOL, this is a classic “braces smile”. You know you will be much happier with your smile later, but right now, your own smile looks just terrible. We believe Emma Watson felt like this back in 2005, when she wore braces for four months. You will agree that four months is not such a long period for people who wear braces. Emma said that wearing braces was very important for her because a smile is for life. It’s true!
3. This beautiful girl is Tyra Banks. This is Tyra’s photo from the yearbook, and believe it or not, Tyra wasn’t satisfied with her looks back in the day. Famous supermodel admitted that other students used to call her Giraffe, Olive Oyl and Ethiopian because of her skinny looks. Tyra also admitted in her book that she wasn’t happy with wearing braces for two and a half years either, but once her smile was perfect, she realized that the braces actually helped her.
4. Queen Bey didn’t actually need to wear braces as an adult. In 2011, Beyonce decided to support her young fans once again and she wore braces for an entire day. People were taking photos with Beyonce who wore braces that day and she truly encouraged them to take care of their smile, even though some people may criticize them. Bey is famous for her impeccable smile but also, for being such a great role model.
5. Jaden Smith also wore braces to correct his smile! The 17-year-old actor, rapper and Will Smith’s kid already has a career and a perfect smile. Even though you may think that he’s still just a kid, the truth is, Jaden and his sister Willow (who also wore braces, yay!) are the future of entertainment business. Well, the good news is that our future will have a great smile. Also, we kind of loved Jaden with braces!
6. Do you recognize this beauty? This is Kate Hudson’s photo from the yearbook, and even though she changed quite a bit since she was in 8th grade, you can definitely see that one day, this little girl will be a star. But even stars wore braces when they were just kids! Today, Kate is one of the sexiest and most beautiful actresses in Hollywood and her smile is just perfect. However, back in the day, she needed a little help from her braces.
7. Unlike so many other celebs who wore braces when they were younger, Khloe Kardashian decided to fix her teeth at the age of 28. But Khloe didn’t wear wires or any kind of metal in her mouth. Oh no, thanks to her dentist from the photo, Dr. Kevin Sands, Khloe used Invisalign, clear trays that shift teeth just like traditional braces do. Khloe admitted that she can’t be happier with her smile now.
8. Katherine Heigl started wearing braces in 2007, because she wanted to have a wonderful smile for her wedding day. But, there was one problem- Katherine was already a big star in box office moves. Also, she was one of the main characters in the hit TV show, Grey’s Anatomy, so having silver braces was not acceptable for her. Then she decided to try out Invisalign, just like Khloe Kardashian did, and she says she couldn’t be happier with the results.
9. Cindy Crawford is famous for being one of the most beautiful supermodels in the history of fashion world. She is that big. However, Cindy recently revealed her awkward life phase, when she wore vintage, DIY dresses and she had braces too! Cindy shared this photo for Throwback Thursday and captioned it: “Some home-made dresses and braces for #tbt!” Braces paid off big time, because Cindy has one of the prettiest smiles.
10. Gwen Stefani was definitely very brave when she decided to wear traditional braces during the peak of her career with the band No Doubt. Gwen never tried to hide her smile- on the contrary, when her mouth were full of metal, she proudly showed off her smile and even wore multi-colored bands on her braces. Today, Gwen has one of the best smiles in music industry, which means that she made a very good decision back in 1999.
11. Oprah Winfrey is one of the most powerful women worldwide. But even powerful women have problems with their teeth! Oprah’s problem was a lack of uniformity in her teeth. As she became more successful, Oprah realized that she would like to correct her smile. She managed to do it by using invisible braces, and today her teeth look straighter and much better proportioned. Oprah says she is very satisfied with the results her invisible braces made.
12. Danny Glover is definitely the oldest celebrity on this list who decided to wear braces! This only proves that it is never too late to be have a perfect smile. Danny is best known for his roles in Lethal Weapon and The Royal Tenenbaums, and even though he was always praised as one of the most talented actors, Danny wasn’t quite satisfied with his teeth. That’s why he decided to wear braces at age 59!
13. Tom Cruise is another celeb who wore braces as an adult! Today, Tom has one of the shiniest, brightest and definitely prettiest smiles in Hollywood. However, at the beginning of his career, his teeth were really crooked. When he turned 39, Tom decided to do the right thing and went for the full-metal option. He smiled like a pro and he didn’t care about the things other people had to say about his braces.
14. Just like Tom Cruise, Nicolas Cage also decided to wear braces when he was 39. Nicolas was spotted with lower braces all of a sudden, and by then, he had already acted in several popular films. Famous actor was asked why he decided to get braces as an adult and he responded: “I was between films, and I wanted to get them, so I did.” It is as simple as that. Today, Nic is very happy with his smile.
15. Dakota Fanning is 21 years old and she is one of the most beautiful young actresses in Hollywood. But when she was 12 years old, Dakota got her braces, which is not unusual for the kids at that age. The only difference was that Dakota has already been in a few movies by then, and she still wanted to straighten her smile. She obviously did a good job because she was named homecoming queen at her high school prom.