Skin is complicated, people. You may have heard that only thing you need to do in order to have pristine skin is to drink a lot of water. So you drank a lot of water, but your skin is still not pristine! That’s because you are probably concentrating on the wrong things: you are buying skin care products that do not suit your skin at all, you don’t clean your face the right way, or you just don’t know what you are supposed to do with your skin! But don’t worry, there is a way to make your skin glow! Just check these DIY tips for flawless skin!
1. In order to get skin that is even and perfectly clear, you should use fruit extracts, like those that can be found in papaya. Papaya is very rich in enzymes that help correct the uneven skin tones. Also, you should use milk and yogurt, because lactic acids acts as a very powerful hydrator that makes your skin smooth. So mix 2 tbsp of plain yogurt, 1 tbsp of raw oats, 1 tbsp milk, 2 tbsp mashed papaya in a bowl, apply to clean skin and rinse off after 5 minutes.
Coconut oil has been on the same planet with us for centuries, but it seem like it takes a few celebrities to make a product visible. In other words, up until the last few years, we were still obsessing with aloe vera, but now that Gwyneth Paltrow is gargling it, Angelina Jolie starts her day with it and Channing Tatum smears it over his wife’s pregnant belly, coconut is your new best friend. But seriously, coconut oil is insanely healthy. It is one of the “good” oils, so you can prepare food with it or use it as a beauty product! Check out how these celebs are using it!
1. Mindy Kaling once revealed her trick with coconut oil: She said that her mom makes her heat up coconut oil, put it in her hair and wrap it in a towel. According to Mindy, it’s an Indian recipe for shinier hair! So ladies, before you wash your hair today, heat up some coconut oil and put it in your hair. Mindy always had great, shiny hair, so we can conclude that this is a legitimate way to use coconut oil.
Everybody loves soup. Well, almost everybody. But the thing with a good soup is that it really makes a difference on the whole menu. Just think about it- you planned a fabulous dinner, everyone expected you make fantastic dishes and you surprise them with an even more fantastic soup! Also, soup is a very good solution during the fall and winter months. It warms you up and it gives you a little preview of the whole dinner. Soup too salty? You are probably end up drinking water instead of sleeping. Not as many veggies as you expected? You might want ti reconsider eating a bit more bread this time. So take care of your soups, folks!
Isn’t hot chocolate perfect? Sometimes a cup of hot coco can really save the day. Well, a cup of hot coco can save any day, any time. That’s how perfect it is. Do you remember the first time you drank it? Do you remember how happy you were because you discovered something you will be able to drink every time you need a sweet kick of sugar rush. But you might have thought there is only one way to drink it. You were so wrong. There are many ways to drink this heavenly potion made by chocolate fairies (of course that’s how it’s made), and we are going to share with you the top 10 recipes!
Winter months can be nice for some people, but this is the time when most people have cold problems, we get down with the flu, in short, our immune system is more vulnerable than during other months. This is where nature comes in handy. Herbs can ease congestion and sore throat and they can even prevent some illnesses. Because of the lack of sun and cold air, some people may feel like they lack energy or their immune system keeps failing them. There is a solution though, and there is no need you run to the pharmacy every time you start to feel weak. These natural remedies will keep you healthy and you will not feel so tired all the time.
1. Echinacea is a well known herb that boosts the immune system. Echinacea purpurea and E. angustifolia are echinacea plants that help you by fighting viruses. Its leaves, roots and flowers are considered medicinal. If you are experiencing some troubles with your immune system, take 1/2 to 1 tsp of tincture every two hours until cold symptoms are gone. Echinacea tea is also very helpful during the winter season.
During the holidays, we tend to make our friends and families happy. We get to see our them more often, we buy and receive presents and- we eat. Holiday recipes are insane, you guys. It is the perfect time to overeat and not feel guilty (well, not all the time). However, as we cook and eat, and cook and eat, we also tend to leave so much uneaten food behind, and still we don’t know what to do with it. Somehow we got stuck with too much potato that doesn’t go so good with that chocolate cake, and yet nobody seems to eat those tons of bread for breakfast. So don’t throw your lovely food away, but instead, make something awesome out of the leftovers!
1. Got some ham leftovers? We hope you know what to do with it! Our suggestion is creamy, ham casserole. It’s easy to make and you will love it. You’ll need about 4 ounces of medium egg noodles, 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, at least 2 cups of chopped cooked ham, 1/4 cup of chopped onion, 1/4 cup of sliced celery and you can add 1/2 of shredded Cheddar cheese on top, about 5-10 minutes before the casserole is done!
Organic is the new black and you’ll just have to deal with it. But seriously, if you started on the wrong foot with organic foods, let’s start again. By eating more organic, you are actually improving your health, And by that we mean you’ll eat more vegetables and fruits, more raw food and food without additives and hidden toxins. So, what’s wrong with that? But eating organic is not all about raw and crispy. Organic recipes can be fun and tasty, too. And if you don’t trust us, just look at this list of 20 organic recipes that taste absolutely awesome!
1. We present you the fabulous 5-ingredient quinoa fudge. What’s so fabulous about it, you may ask. Well, firstly, it is gluten free. Don’t worry if gluten is not your worst enemy, the best is yet to come. Quinoa is incredibly healthy and it improves you digestive system. You’d need 8 Medjool dates, 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, 1 tbsp of sea salt, ½ cup of quinoa, 1 tbsp of coconut oil and 2 tbsp of water!
Fudgesicles Made From Avocados
Have you ever found yourself thinking, I wish I had a healthier option when it comes to snacking. Well now we have the answer. Fudgesicles made from avocados. They are gluten-free, vegan, and dairy free. All it takes is a few ingredients and a small amount of time. The best thing is that they are frozen so they will always be readily available. So here is your go-to when you need a cool snack to cool off on a hot summer day.
1 cup of almond milk or milk substitute
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
3-5 tsp of raw honey or other natural sweetener
Feel free to alter measurements based on your preferences.
Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Using a spoon scrape out the avocado into the blender. Then add the rest of the ingredients into the blender and then liquify until super smooth and creamy.
A food processor could be used as well. Then place the mixture into a tray of your choice. Its recommended to use a BPA free popsicle tray or a steel tray. Then position your popsicle sticks or sticks of choice where you would want to hold the popsicle and freeze at least 2 hours. When frozen unmold by pouring water on the outside of tray and remove. Now, you can finally enjoy a guilt-free fudge popsicle!!